COVID-19 Level 3 Policy
- Do not come to work/onto set if you are sick, or awaiting a COVID test.
- You must sign in using this app
- All crew must have completed a Health Declaration form
- You must wear a mask at all times
- Distancing provides another layer of protection. Even with PPE, please maintain 1 metre with your co-workers and at least 2 metres with people you don’t know.
- All catered food will be pre-packaged
- Keep gear stashes to a minimum.
- Crew should keep the majority of their equipment inside workstations/ vehicles.
- Each person should travel in their own car, and return home in that same car. RIDE SHARING IS NOT PERMITTED.
- Wash or sanitise your hands as soon as you enter any of our buildings or sets.
- No sharing of personal devices or stationery.
- Maintain good hygiene practises and wash your hands regularly.
- No use of any kitchen facilities.
- Please wipe down all surfaces that have come into regular contact with antibacterial spray. This includes:
- equipment handles
- cupboard drawer handles
- light switches
- door handles
Detailed Guidelines from ScreenSafe
- Any worker who feels even slightly unwell must not come to work. If unwell at work
- they must go home.
- If someone you are in regular close contact with feels unwell or has symptoms discuss with the production before coming to work. It may be safest to not come to work.
- If you or someone you are in regular close contact have a serious health condition or compromised immunity, please consider this before accepting work.
- If a worker displays any of the symptoms of COVID 19, please call Healthline immediately (0800 358 5453) or your doctor. Production and the Health & Safety Departments must also be notified. And all close contact workers to be identified.
- If a person or persons are confirmed or probable cases of COVID 19, site closure(s) should be considered. This decision should be made on the advice of a public health officials based on the information on the extent of the exposure.
- Keep crew sizes as small as possible.
- In a Controlled Environment (available hand sanitiser/PP, and cleaning and crew health screening and contact tracing procedures in place) the minimum separation is 1 metre between people so far as reasonably practicable.
- In an Uncontrolled Environment (public spaces and shops, etc.) the minimum separation is 2 metre between people not in your work bubble so far as reasonably practicable.
- A Close Proximity Environment is NOT possible in Level 3.
- No communal travel
- Where this is not possible, a mask or face covering should be worn and physical distancing must be adhered to and vehicles should be cleaned prior to and after used.
- Crew who travel together should always be part of the same work bubble.
- No recycling air, clean air fan inlet only, open windows where possible.
- A passenger log must be kept for shared vehicles.
- Shared vehicles should not be used outside work unless thoroughly sanitised.
- For public spaces, a council permit will be required - even for 1-person crew.
- Councils require a comprehensive Covid-19 Plan and ScreenSafe registration in order to issue filming permits.
- If interacting with the public (pop vox interviews, etc.) make sure you get all necessary contact details for contact tracing purposes (you will probably need to supply hand sanitiser, etc.).
- Make sure you follow all H&S and Covid-19 guidelines provided by location owner or contact, including hygiene, PPE requirements (face mask, gloves, hard hats, etc.), contact tracing and physical distancing protocols.
- Bring your own hand and equipment sanitiser and appropriate PPE (face mask, gloves, hard hats, etc.)
- Wear a mask or face covering whenever practicable.
- A site log must be created for all locations or studios with sign in/out by all attendees.
- A H&S and Covid-19 briefing should be held at each location/studio.
- Locations/sets should be treated as closed sets, with essential crew on set only.
- Create a zone around the camera with only one person within the zone at a time.
- A 1 meter distance to cast and other crew (DOP, grips, lighting crew) must be adhered to.
- Any approach to the camera should be controlled by 1st AC or Operator/DOP.
- DOP/Operator should step away from camera when adjustments needed by 1st
- AC/Grip/Sounds (though preferably just the 1st AC to make adjustments)
- To avoid on-set congestions, liaise with other crew for appropriate times for making adjustments or bringing on additional gear.
- Allow other departments time and space to complete their work.
- Remote Focus, Cine Tape and wireless video should be considered to achieve required physical distancing.
- Slating must only be done where physical distancing is achievable.
- Digital camera notes/sheets are preferred to hand-written ones.
- Additional monitors may be required to achieve physical distancing for key crew needing to watch a block-through or shoot.
- For enclosed shooting sets, please ensure regular aeration, open windows when possible. It is recommend that crew are allowed time during the day to get fresh air.
- Air conditioning should be run on fresh air setting, not on recirculate.
Camera Cards & Rushes Drives
- Camera cards should be handed over in transit cases that are sanitised before handover and Cards should be sanitised before return.
- Appropriate Rushes Drives handling procedure to be developed by each production to ensure safety of anyone handling cards and of the rushes themselves.
- Rushes Drives should be sanitised before being handed over to another person.
- A secure transfer case is recommended with appropriate sanitation performed between hand-offs.
- Consider sending a single drive with all data rather than sending multiple camera cards and a sound card to post.
- Contactless drop off to post houses is recommended.
Equipment & Kit
- Hired equipment requires contactless pickup (designated pickup area or night box, etc.)
- Gear should be sanitised per supplier instructions prior to return.
- Personal kits should be cleaned at the end of each day.
- Magliners, trolleys and other shared kit must be regularly cleaned/sanitised
- Hands to be washed/sanitised regularly
- Consider a tag system for identifying cleaned equipment/cards/drives to save time
- Everything should live cleaned in a case. Assume cases/handles are always exposed and require hand washing after handling.
Managing Physical Distancing:
- No close contact work (less than 1m) is permitted at Level 3.
- Please make sure you can achieve at least 1m physical distancing to other crew or cast (including vox pop subjects). If in an uncontrolled public space, 2m may be required.
- Radio mic’ing of talent is not possible at Level 3 (due to physical distancing restrictions).
- Be sensitive to the talent’s requests in regards to Covid-19 so they feel comfortable.
Catering and Snacks
- Crew should self-cater or be provided with individually supplied food boxes from a trusted supplier.
- Consider single use bottles, plates and cutlery, but only if personal water bottles, keep cups and/or compostable products are not available.
- No sharing of food. No double-handling of food.